For whoever doesn’t know it, Tomales Bay is a piece of ”Heaven on Earth” situated on the Northern Coast of California. Here the sky seems to embrace the crystal-clear water and those who come here deeply enjoy the surrounding peace and quiet.
We know that there are a lot of dreamy places on Earth and some of them are in the USA, so what makes Tomales Bay so special?
The answer to this question would be: here you can find tasty local food and you have the possibility to eat it in nature. Given the ocean influence, you can imagine that seafood is among the most popular dishes; in fact, the area is famous for its oysters and many tourists come here just to try them.
Next to good food in a relaxing environment; Tomales Bay gives you the opportunity to get engaged in other cool activities. If you don’t want to spend an entire day lying under the sun you have other options. Everybody can find something to do, regardless of the age and hobbies, so you can go with your family, friends of partner. Some of the attractions are local (and by this, we don’t mean the food), so you cannot see or try them anywhere else:
– Eating oysters should definitely be on your TO DO List.
– You can see how cheese is made at the Cowgirl’s Creamery and make your own butter at Straus Family Creamery.The process of making can be observed through the window for free, but if you pay $3, you can sign up for a live demonstration and tasting. Also, you can buy the local award-winning product and other international cheeses.
– You can participate in guided tours in local ranches and farms.
– Picnics on the beach are always relaxing and enjoyable.
– Horseback riding will be one of your children’s favorite activities. Don’t worry, the horses are well trained and the ride will be guided by an experienced person.
– The place is perfect for a kayak camping adventure; the bay is full of natural marvels and some of them can be admired only when you paddle. If you want to go on a kayaking trip make reservations for the camping area and remember that you have to pay around $75 for half a day.
– Go shopping and buy some meat or eggs from animals raised on the local farms.
– Visits the vineyards that produce exquisite wines. Here, for $3, you can taste Pinot Noir with a cherry flavor or Cabernet.
As you can see, Tomales Bay can make everyone feel special. If you are planning to spend more than one day here, you can find many lodging facilities, each of them with its’ own specific. Camping is the main attraction, but most off the clean and comfortable cottages are always full during oyster season.
Don’t take our word for it; come and see for yourself!